The Osprey Ariel Plus 70 is one of our favorite vacation things and one of our most regularly used products. We enjoy it for longer trips because of its big capacity, front panel zip access, flexible fit, and ability to convert the lid into a day backpack.
And if you’re ready to make the investment in your own hiking backpack, this is the bag you should look into.
The Ariel plus 70 has a huge carrying capacity, making it one of Osprey’s largest women’s backpacks. The Ariel Plus 70 has a volume of 70 litres (4272 cubic inches), which allows it to hold a lot of goods.
Furthermore, unlike other packs in this size range, the Ariel Plus is intended to transport hikers deep into the wilderness, well beyond the reach of any prospect of replenishment along the way.
Is this women’s hiking backpack exactly what you’ve been looking for to explore new trails and unknown area in the great outdoors?
Perks and Drawbacks
- Among its many features are a spacious main compartment, a separate sleeping bag compartment, and a huge front pocket.
- During trekking, the back system is cushioned and vented, which helps to keep your back dry and comfortable.
- In addition, Osprey’s All-Mighty lifetime guarantee is included with the backpack.
- When a backpack is fully loaded with goods, it may be difficult and inconvenient to put on and take off.
- After being used for an extended period of time, some of the smaller buckles will need to be replaced.
- This style may be unattractive for women with tiny frames.
Who is the Osprey Ariel Plus 70 Designed For?
If you intend to hike all day or at a moderate pace, this pack has a lot of characteristics that will make it a great choice for any hiker. The bag is not suited for gram counters who prefer lighter bags. That being said, it does have huge volume and weight capacities. In addition, the Osprey Ariel Plus 70 weights a hefty 5.5-5.8lbs (2.5-3.6kg), depending on the model. The weight and thickness of this pack may appear intimidating at first glance. So, it just depends on the individual needs of the traveler.
That’s one of the reasons we like it. It’s perfect for multi-day adventures that demand a lot of gear, which is precisely what we do at Explorer Chick.
Osprey Ariel Plus 70 Features
Suspension and harness
The Osprey customizes the pack to your hips and upper back, and chest. It does this by way of the hip belt system with Custom Fit-on-the-Fly technology. In addition, it also features a secure and comfortable fit. So, the shoulder straps are contoured and the waist belt is cushioned. Furthermore, the adjustable torso length and AirScape internal construction ensure that the backpack fits properly. Also, that hikers can easily carry more weight on their backs without feeling back discomfort.
The backpack’s body is made of high-tensile 210d nylon that is Bluesign certified. In addition, it is coated with a PFC-free DWR. Also, the bottom of the bag is made of UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene). Thus, it helps helps to keep it free of scrapes and scratches. The Osprey Ariel Plus 70 also features unidirectional high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE). It is the basic material for Dyneema and Spectra fibers. These are two super-durable polymers used in a variety of products that require exceptional toughness and lightweight properties.
The Osprey Ariel Plus backpack is a true multi-day pack that can be utilized for a wide range of activities. A hiker can use the top lid, known as the DayLid, to change the backpack into a multifunctional daypack that can be used for shorter walks or as a great carry-on bag for traveling. The Ariel also has a large zipped pocket on the outside of the bag, as well as side compression straps that can be used to carry a sleeping mat, a jacket, or other heavy items.
Aside from a large zipped mesh pocket on the front panel, the backpack also offers a convenient space on the interior for a hydration bladder. In addition to the main compartment, the backpack has a zipped pocket for keeping items that require rapid access. With a capacity of 70 Liters and a total of 9 pockets and compartments, carrying all of the products and equipment you’ll need for your vacation is made easier.
The Ariel 70 Plus has two sets of compression straps. The first being two horizontal front straps. Secondly, it also has two z-style detachable straps on either side of the pack on either side of the torso. These straps can be used to secure vital items such as trekking poles and ice tools. In addition to assisting with load stabilization.
The Osprey Ariel Plus 70 comes with a number of additional features, including:
- This rain cover with a PFC durable water resistant (DWR) covering may be attached to the backpack with two straps and two clips to keep it dry.
- Dual ice axe loops with bungee tie-offs to keep them within easy reach on steep ascents ensure that they are always accessible.
- Stay hydrated on the trails with the help of the internal hydration reservoir sleeves and water bottle pockets.
- A reinforced front stash pocket allows you to have extra clothing or refreshments on hand in case the weather turns cold. Furthermore, two zipper pockets on the hip belt allow you to discreetly store little items that you use on a regular basis.
- The two zipped pockets on the front panel are useful for storage, and the mesh water bottle pockets keep your possessions dry in the event of a spill.
Osprey will repair or replace any of their backpacks. Regardless of whether the backpack was damaged inadvertently or is faulty due to inferior material or craftsmanship. It is a guarantee that comes with your purchase. So, if they are unable to restore your pack to its original working condition, they will gladly replace it with an identical model.