We will be discussing our osprey aether plus 100 review in this post. This backpack has numerous features that will help set you up for success.
Are you looking for a great, durable backpack that can carry all you need comfortably? The osprey aether plus 100 was designed to be the most advanced and comfortable backpack on the market. It is the perfect size for most campers' needs, with plenty of storage space for essentials like water, food, and clothes. This durable bag also has some added features that will make your trip more enjoyable, such as adjustable straps and air mesh shoulder pads. To find out why this bag gets great 5-star reviews from customers, read on!
Features of The Osprey Aether Plus 10
1. Anti-Gravity Technology
This back pack has a new Anti-Gravity technology that helps to distribute your weight. It's made up of three different parts. The back panel goes from the lumbar to the upper torso, the harness system, and hip belt, both with padded 3D mesh for comfort and an airflow suspension design on the waist area so you can breathe freely while carrying loads over long distances.
2. Removable Top Lid
The Osprey Aether plus 100 has an ingenious removable top lid that can be removed entirely to save weight. When the lid is not in use, a streamlined Flap Jacket cover still protects the top entry of the bag, so that your contents stay secure.
3. Top Lid Converts into A Day Pack
One of the most unique features of the Osprey Aether Pack Plus 100 is its top lid that can convert into a smaller backpack, called the Day Pack. It can be used as an overnight pack or for shorter side excursions, thanks to the top lid with zippered closure.
4. Stable Frame
Like all other Osprey back packs, the Aether Plus 100 has a solid structured frame that offers a stable comfortable way to carry heavy loads. You will not be at risk of falling over due to uneven weight.
5. Constructed with Durable Waterproof Material
The Osprey Aether plus 100 is designed to be durable for anyone who hikes or kayaks on rainy days, thanks to its PFC-free DWR (water repellant) coating. Let's discuss some additional features within this osprey aether plus 100 review.
6. Made with Bluesign Approved material
This is one of the key attractive features of the Osprey Aether back packs. They are made of Bluesign-approved materials, which are environmentally friendly and durable.
7. Removable Sleeping Bag Compartment
It will keep your sleeping pad and gear protected within the bag. This is possible because of its easy-to-reach zippered opening for a sleeping bag that also has a removable divider.
8. Has a 3L Hydration Reservoir Sleeve
The Osprey Aether Plus 100 features a waterproof hydration reservoir sleeve customized to fit water reservoirs up to 3 Liters. This will save you time from stopping often to gather water to drink.
9. Has Hipbelt Pockets
This is the perfect backpack for those who are always on the go, as it has tons of pockets and zippers to help them stay organized. One unique feature is its two hip belt pockets that will keep small items secure and easily accessible!
10. Has Dual, Zipper-Fronted Storage Compartments
This feature is great for quickly retrieving snacks or a water bottle. The dual zipper fronted compartments also act as protection from pesky critters like squirrels looking to steal your food during night shifts in camp!
11. Has Dual Stretch Mesh Pockets
The Osprey Aether backpack’s dual access stretch mesh side pockets allow you to easily store a water bottle without worrying about it falling out and is easy to reach.
12. Has a Frontal Panel Zip
This frontal panel zip gives you quick access to whatever's inside your bag without unpacking it completely first!
13. Includes a Stow-On-The-Go- Trekking Pole Attachments
The Osprey Aether 100 Plus has a very innovative design that has nifty features like Stow-On-The-Go trekking pole attachments, which give it more versatility for the hiker.
14. Includes a Bungee Tie Off
The backpack is perfect for any mountain sports enthusiast. The bungee tie-off helps to carry gear like Ice Axes safely so you can focus on your adventure.
15. Variety of Sizes
The pack comes in 3 different sizes to fit a range of heights and torso lengths. The small/medium best fits torsos ranging from 17″-20.5″ while the large/ Extra-large fits between 19.5-23″.
Every back pack includes a stretchable rain cover for the bag. It is also made of high-quality PFC-free DWR materials to keep your bag safe and dry.
Product Specs on Amazon.com
Pack weight 6.7 lbs. for a size Small/Medium at 34.25 x 16.54 x 15.75 in.
Product Dimensions : 32.28 x 16.54 x 15.75 inches; 6.18 Pounds
Item model number : 10002890
Manufacturer : Osprey
Pros of the Osprey Aether Plus 100
1. It can be custom fitted to fit a variety of users with different body sizes with comfort
2. Very well balanced to carry
3. Can be converted into a day pack
4. Has a lifetime warranty which is the best warranty in the industry
5. Looks good aesthetically with three main color choices: Neptune Blue, Outback Orange, Adirondack Green
6. Has heavy fabric and stronger internal frame
7. Has 11 pockets for storage
8. It is very versatile and durable
9. Great for cold weather backpacking as the lower ventilation does not cause overheating
10. The weight of the bag can be reduced by removing the Day Lid
11. The DayLid is convenient for shorter hikes where a big bag is not necessary
Cons of the Osprey Aether Plus 100
1. The anti-gravity technology does not work with loads over 100L. It becomes less efficient when you pack more. Do not overpack the bag past its capacity.
2. The adjusting and fitting of the bag can be pretty technical for a beginner.
3. The Osprey Aether Plus 100 features a waterproof hydration reservoir sleeve, but the reservoir is not included in the bag and needs to be purchased separately.
Osprey Aether Plus 100 backpacks are the perfect choice for those that need a large load-carrying capacity. The backpack features vast space with an adjustable fit and can carry up to 70 pounds of weight. Those who choose this backpack will enjoy its durable build and lightweight design on their next trip through challenging terrain. This bag will not disappoint! We hope this osprey aether plus 100 review has been helpful to you.