What are the best gloves for rappelling? If you were wondering then welcome to Trad Climbers. We are glad you have arrived here to this website.
Rappelling is an activity in mountain climbing that involves descending a rock face using ropes. The best way to protect the hands and fingers from rope burns, abrasions, and other injuries is to wear gloves. It is therefore critical that the sportsmen and women to find the right kind of gloves. Gloves with larger palms provide more coverage than those with smaller palms, and gloves made of synthetic fabric are best for rappelling because they won't absorb water as quickly as leather or wool.
This article will list the best rappelling gloves on amazon for hiking enthusiasts who want to protect their skin when they're out climbing and exploring nature!
These gloves will offer you impressive dexterity because they are just the right fit, i.e., not too tight and not too loose. This means that you can belay and rappel with relative ease. It is made of a double layer of leather to guarantee your palms and fingers are provided with maximum protection. In addition, this goes a long into making this pair of gloves very durable. The PETZL Cordex Light-Weight Belay & Rappel Gloves built-in carabiner hole helps you attach your rappelling gloves to your harness. These gloves have abrasion-resistant stretch nylon on their backside that makes them very breathable. These gloves can be the difference between having a worry-free rappelling experience and a nasty accident.
- The way they “fit” well gives an easy belaying and rappelling session
- It offers your fingers maximum protection due to a double layer of leather
- These gloves are very breathable and definitely one of the best gloves for rappelling.
- One downside of these gloves is that they are not “size sensitive” and come in an extra small size. This may be a problem for those with relatively bigger hands and palms.
The Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves are an excellent rappelling glove for “descending” a wall, rock, mountain, or even tree. These gloves are extremely durable. They are padded to minimize the chances of wear and tear from long rappelling sessions. These soft Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves are elastic and will provide you with much-needed breathability to prevent your palms and hands from becoming sweaty. They also offer you much-needed flexibility due to the curved nature of the parts where your fingers go through. You can never forget these portable gloves behind as they can easily be attached to your harness with a built-in carabiner hole that is found on the cuff.
- They are padded to boost durability and minimize wear and tear
- The gloves have a gap to run the climbing hole through it
- They are flexible and easy to use
- Leather provides a good grip
- They are comfortable and breathable for your hands
- When gloves come into contact with water, they weaken and are prone to tears
These gloves are 100% leather and can effectively serve you in many rappelling expeditions. The gloves fit both big and small hands well and they have cowhide reinforcements at the top of the finger knuckles for extra protection. They are very comfortable, durable and versatile and can be used for driving or weight lifting. The Rothco Fingerless Rappelling Gloves are built to last, and has great reviews!
- These gloves are highly durable because they are made of leather
- The Rothco Fingerless Rappelling Gloves are strong
- The reinforced finger knuckles give added protection to your hands
- Good fit for large hands
- Very comfortable fit
- Can cause hand discoloration. It is advisable to wash them first.
- For a better fit, it is best to get a smaller size
Intra-FIT Durable Gloves
These Anti-Slip Durable Rope Gloves are made of a synthetic leather material that gives them impressive durability. They are made of a PU reinforcement that has “anti-slip” properties to offer you maximum grip. These gloves are also padded which ensures that your fingers, palms, and hands have extra protection and do not experience “rope burns.” The Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves (Anti-Slip Durable Rope Gloves) also have spandex with a neoprene knuckle pad to offer you maximum breathability and great comfort. Furthermore, these gloves will allow you to perform at the highest level because they come with an impressively secure fitting due to the presence of the elastic cuff with Velcro.
- These gloves are very durable
- They can offer you maximum grip due to their anti-slip provided by the PU reinforcement
- They provide extra protection to your fingers and palms from rope burns because they are padded
- Have a breathable spandex for your hands
- These gloves are not “size sensitive” and come in a small size. This may become an issue for those who have relatively bigger palms, hands, and fingers.
Intra-FIT Rope Gloves
The Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves (Rope Gloves) are relatively large and are made of two layers of cow leather reinforcement to guarantee they will last for a long time. The palms are made from goatskin and are relatively soft which makes these gloves more flexible. They are also water resistant in the palm and the back of the glove. These Intra-FIT Climbing Gloves (Rope Gloves) have open cuffs that make it easy to put them on and remove them as well. These are highly recommended as they will always come in handy regardless of whether you are doing your rappelling on a tree, mountain, rock, or wall!
- These gloves are highly durable due to a double layer of cow leather reinforcement
- They are flexible due to having soft palms made from goatskin
- They are easy to put on and remove because due to the presence of open cuffs
- These are water resistant gloves
- They are sturdy and have good grip
- A downside of these gloves is that they are not “size sensitive” and only come in a large size! People who may have relatively smaller palms, fingers, and hands may not be in a good position to use these gloves.