Seeking the best crack climbing gloves to use for your climbing needs? Crack climbing is one of the most exciting yet extremely challenging outdoor activities you can engage in. To excel in it, you have to master a lot of intricate movements and have the right crack climbing gear with you. This is because crack climbing is much more sophisticated than the traditional rock climbing many are accustomed to. Crack climbing entails climbing by making use of the cracks on the rock. The apertures may be small and allow you to just fit your hands and palms while some cracks may be large and wide enough to fit your whole body in them. Whatever the situation, you need to have the right crack climbing gloves.
In this post of “Best Crack Climbing Gloves,” we will highlight some of the best crack climbing gloves available that will prevent the chances of your palms and fingers getting torn into shreds! These will give a long-lasting, safe, and more enjoyable crack climbing experience. Gone are the days of getting scarred and bloodied palms and fingers from relying on tape gloves that do not serve you well. Keep reading to discover the most recommended crack climbing gloves that will make your experience more enjoyable!
Top Recommended Best Crack Climbing Gloves offered on the Amazon Platform
The Ocun Crack Climbing Gloves will offer you a more memorable crack climbing experience than your traditional crack climbing gloves. They are made of a microfiber suede material that stretches to provide you with the flexibility and agility you need to hack those cracks easily! As if that's not enough, they are very durable and comfortable as well. They are light in weight and are not bulky, making them an excellent pick for crack climbing. Friction from the highly sensitive rubber will give you good protection from jamming. The Ocun Crack Climbing Gloves have been designed to provide you with all the comfort you need to climb those cracks as swiftly as is possible.
- These gloves will effectively protect your palms and fingers from abrasive cracks
- The stretchy suede material will offer you maximum friction inside of cracks
- The chances that your gloves will get unfastened by accident are kept at a minimum because the rubber material holds the Velcro closure in place
- They offer you an excellent grip
- Comes in small, medium, large, XL
- There may be an issue with the size. You may have to go a size up
- Going for a small size will hurt your knuckles
Black Diamond Gloves
The Black Diamond Crag Climbing Gloves are another example of unique gloves you ought to try for your next crack climbing adventures. They come with a breathable and stretchy mesh fabric and knuckle padding that will simultaneously give you the flexibility and the much-needed protection for your fingers, knuckles, and palms. The Black Diamond Crag Climbing Gloves also have synthetic leather on the palms and fingers.
What this gives you is a pair of gloves with considerable durability. The hook-and-loop closure on these gloves ensures that your gloves will stay put and won't slip off! It would be potentially dangerous for your gloves to slip off while you are in the middle of a crack climb! You may get injured pretty severely!
- They are just the right fit and are not too tight
- They will not make your hands sweaty due to the presence of the stretchy mesh fabric
- Offers you maximum safety when handling sharp rocks due to the padded lining
- They will not provide you with a good grip, especially when climbing half dome
- The stitching at the back of your hand may come off after a few wears
Outdoor Research Splitter Gloves
These Outdoor Research Splitter Gloves are made of polyester and ultra-lightweight! These are incredibly durable gloves and are thus perfect for conquering those cracks relatively easily. Another impressive feature that comes with these Outdoor Research Splitter Gloves is that they are ultra-tactile! This means that they will allow you to operate your touch screen device(s) even when putting them on!
- These gloves are excellent at offering your palms, knuckles, and fingers a lot of protection
- They provide you with an excellent grip
- You can take them off and put them on easily
- They are more effective for thinner cracks
- They do not come with padding and are likely to wearing out quickly
- You have to size down because they stretch
The CLIMBX Super Crack Gloves are made of real climbing shoe rubber! These gloves have durable finger and thumb loops that will add to the overall durability of your gloves. This is in great contrast to the other finger loops in other crack climbing gloves commonly made of elastic materials. A very impressive feature of these gloves is that after a few “wears,” they will mold themselves to fit your hands and palms rather perfectly. They will fit nicely over time!
- They provide you with good protection, especially for more significant cracks
- They have good padding to allow you to grab rocks more comfortably
- They tend to get sweaty relatively fast
- They may be too bulky for thin finger cracks
- The Velcro strap may become undone after several crack climbs
These Outdoor Research Fossil Rock Gloves are made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex. These materials are what make these gloves highly breathable. The leather on the palm region adds to their overall durability. The Outdoor Research Fossil Rock Gloves are highly flexible and have impressive dexterity since they are generally “stretchy.” This allows for more effortless hand movements that encourage easier crack climbing adventures.
- These are ultra-tactile, and you may still use your touchscreen devices while putting them on
- They are very comfortable and are equally easy to put on and take off
- They have a nice fit
- They are relatively thin, and you may not use them for as long as you may anticipate
- Some fingers may feel a little tighter, at least until the gloves stretch out after a few “wears.”