Searching for the best alpine climbing gloves? If so, welcome to Trad Climbers. If you happen to be a regular hiker, chances are that you have already been in the unfortunate situation of having to walk with wet, cold hands. It is vital to have the right gear to keep yourself safe and dry when you hike through a lot of snow and ice to get to the top of the mountain finally. Gloves are one of the essential accessories to have with you. These will protect your palms and fingers from frigid temperatures. If you are in the market for the best Alpine climbing gloves to protect your hands when scaling rocks and mountains, look no further!
we will give a detailed breakdown of some of the best gloves you can use to scale those cold mountains. It will highlight some of the best gloves in the market to provide you with maximum comfort and flexibility. These gloves can help improve your grip strength while protecting your hand from blisters and other common injuries. Whether you're an amateur climber or professional athlete, we have a glove from the Amazon platform for everyone.
Get out and enjoy those hikes in the wintertime with this list of the Best Alpine Climbing Gloves. Ready, let’s get started!
Black Diamond Gloves
The Black Diamond Soloist Cold Weather Gloves are made of 92% Nylon and 8% Spandex on its shell and 100% Goat Skin on its palm regions. This gives it the perfect mix of durability and flexibility. It is 100% waterproof and will not allow water to penetrate. This makes it a very comfortable pair of gloves to use, even in wet conditions. The Black Diamond Soloist Cold Weather Gloves are lightweight and are abrasion-resistant. This gives you non-bulky gloves that can be repeatedly used for many more alpine climbing adventures to come. There is a removable liner on your palm region that will act as protective padding against the cold temperatures of the mountains. This is a great choice for most alpine climbers.
- They can withstand the rockiest of terrains
- Your fingers and palms will not get cold when you have these gloves on
- The hanging loop may start to fray after a few uses
- This is not a one size fits all glove, so you will need to get a bigger size if you have big hands
The Outdoor Research Alti Gloves are waterproof gloves that will allow you to engage in alpine climbing adventures even in relatively wet conditions. They are very breathable and will not make your hands sweat whatsoever! These gloves offer superior warmth and dexterity, keeping your fingers free enough for tying knots or gripping trekking poles. They also feature elasticized cuffs to seal out any moisture from entering the glove and wrist loops for easy on-and-off access while wearing a backpack.
- They provide you with a decent of dexterity
- Able to easily move your fingers
- Your fingers may not reach the ends of the gloves' fingers
- The shell of the gloves is a bit stiff and may not always allow for a good grip
The Arc'teryx Fission SV Glove is one of the best pairs of gloves in our “Best Alpine Climbing Gloves” list. They can withstand the harshest and most severe winter conditions by keeping your hands very warm. It has waterproof insulated outer layers for severe wet conditions. The Arc'teryx Fission SV Glove is also conveniently windproof. Your palms and fingers are therefore shielded well from the extreme cold conditions of the mountains. One of the best features of these gloves is that they are lightweight and are therefore easy to use.
- They provide your hands with a lot of warmth
- Keeps your hands dry as they are waterproof
- They are very durable and long-lasting
- These are some of the most breathable gloves around
- For you to be in a position to get the best fit, you need to go one size smaller
- They are a bit soft, and grabbing to the roughest and sharpest rocks is not advisable
Mountain Gore-Tex Glove
The Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Gore-tex Down Mitt is made of Pittards goat leather, which adds to the overall durability and abrasion resistance. Light in weight and made of Primaloft Gold insulation with Cross Core, these gloves are non-bulky and will keep your pals and hands very warm.
So, you will not suffer from frostbites when you are using the Mountain Hardwear Absolute Zero Gore-tex Down Mitt. These gloves are designed using GORE-TEX technology. Gore-Tex promotes a balanced heat transfer throughout your hands, palms, and fingers and prevents moisture from penetrating your gloves. Furthermore, this guarantees increased comfort during your hike!
- They have a Gore-tex lining that protects your hands against extreme cold
- The sizing options are favorable to many people
- They are made of Pittard leather that boosts durability
- They have an 850-fill power down insulation to offer you a lot of warmth
- The finger regions may be too long for those with short fingers
- It does not offer as much dexterity as you may wish
The Outdoor Research Ultralight Ditty Sacks relies on the GORE-TEX technology in their construction. This technology significantly contributes to making these gloves one of the best. Furthermore, the gloves are waterproof and windproof. In addition, they are also highly breathable and will not make your hands and palms sweat.
The Outdoor Research Ultralight Ditty Sacks are fully seam-taped. This gives them a decent level of sturdiness that ensures they will last for many more alpine climbing adventures! These are some of the best alpine climbing gloves for sure.
- They are one of the warmest mitts in the market
- Support the free movement of your fingers
- They do not allow moisture to get into them
- They provide an excellent grip
- They do not insulate your thumbs well enough
- The thumbs may feel a bit too snug with these gloves